Roasted Lamb Leg/Shoulder
This is pretty time consuming, and take a lot of cleaning. But just trust my process, you won’t regret it!
Lamb leg or shoulder: 4-6 pounds if it weighs more than 10lbs add an extra hour of roasting time on 350f.
Wash the lamb using cold water only. Do a salt scrub, a lemon scrub and vinegar scrub (optional) rinsing in cold water each time and drying with paper towel. Poke the lamb using a very sharp knife to ensure tender meat and to allow the seasonings to soak into the meat. Make a cut above the leg joint to flex the leg and shoulders.
• 1/3c olive oil
• 1/4 c balsamic vinegar/ or lemon juice
• 1 tbs Lawry’s seasoned salt/ or 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp all spice powder
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Mix well and pour all over the lamb, while the lamb is in the foil tray. Rub it in all over the lamb don’t forget the inside. Now we are ready for the aromatics.
• 1 onion peeled and quartered
• 1/2 c garlic cloves peeled and halved
• 10 cardamom pods
• 8 bay leaves
• 1 lemon quartered
Spread these under the lamb. As well as 6oz water in the corner of the pan.
1. Make sure it’s a large enough tray
2. Cover all the top and edges with foil
3. Make sure it’s sealed with the foil
4. You want it to be like a pressure cooker
5. Preheat the oven to 500f
6. Roast on the bottom rack for 1 1/2 hours
7. Don’t peek!
8. Lower the heat to 350f for 1 hour
9. Ready to eat! Don’t waste the gold make some rice or gravy with the drippins!
Alf Saha!! ❤️ Cookwithdena